Erection Boosting Foods
Without a doubt, the quality of an erection is one of the primary determinants of how well or poorly a man performs when it comes to matters sex. Men and the society in general, gauge a person’s masculinity using his bedroom skills. As such, it is not difficult to understand how vital the erectile function is.
Unfortunately, life is full of ups and downs, and things do not always work the way we want. A good number of men suffer from weak erections due to varying reasons. Before we get to a situation where you have to seek medical attention due to erectile dysfunction, let us consider some of the foods that you can eat to improve the quality of your erections.
- Bananas – They contain potassium which is good for your heart and in turn, proper circulation. Further, having enough supply of potassium means that your sodium levels are kept in check. This helps to maintain your blood pressure within safe confines guaranteeing you a haven as far as heart problems are concerned.
- Potatoes - If you do not like bananas, you may source potassium from jacket potatoes. Both sweet and white potatoes are excellent sources of potassium.
- Salmon – fatty fish are good for your erections and general sexual performance. Salmon contains omega-3 fatty acids which improve the viscosity of your blood. This goes a long way in ensuring that blood flows efficiently to the genital area and other areas that matter. Besides salmon, you may consume other fatty fish such as mackerel, fresh tuna, and trout – at least twice weekly.
- Spinach – this leafy green vegetable is rich in magnesium and folate. Magnesium and folate are among the minerals responsible for reducing inflammation of the blood vessels, and in turn, ensuring proper flow of blood. With a steady supply of blood to the penile chambers, you are guaranteed of quality erections.
- Watermelon – It is among the most abundant sources of an amino acid that is popular for helping men obtain and maintain erections that are sufficient to deliver nothing short of incredibly good sex – L-citrulline. Once absorbed in the body, this amino acid is converted into L-Arginine. L-Arginine, on the other hand, triggers the production of nitric oxide which helps to improve circulation. Nitric oxide is a prevalent ingredient in male enhancement pills and supplements.
- Oat – regular consumption of a bowl of oatmeal is precisely what you need to last longer in bed. You may want to consider gracing your breakfast table with oatmeal a couple of times a week. An excellent source of the amino acid L-Arginine, the cereal is a popular treatment for erectile dysfunction. Also, oatmeal helps in lowering cholesterol levels. High cholesterol levels are known to impair circulation as they clog and narrow down the arteries (a condition known as atherosclerosis).
- Liver – if you thought liver is only good for women, you are entirely mistaken! Now you have a good reason to eat liver – it is rich in zinc. Note that zinc is vital for maintaining healthy levels of testosterone. It works by hindering the conversion of testosterone into estrogen. Specifically, look for the beef liver as it is loaded with Vitamin B12 whose deficiency has been linked to impotence.