Causes Of Erectile Dysfunction For Guys Under 40
Erectile dysfunction is mostly associated with old age. This does not come as a surprise seeing that erections primarily involve the functionality of the blood vessels. In many instances, ED in older men is due to conditions that hinder blood flow to the genitals such as diabetes and atherosclerosis. A faulty vein may also be blamed for ED as it allows blood to drain too quickly from the male member. Hormonal imbalance – which is common in older men – is yet another culprit as far as the causes of impotence are concerned.
In as much as ED is linked to aging, young men who are under 40 years also suffer from this devastating form of male sexual dysfunction. So, what are the major causes? They include;
- Obesity - men who are overweight and obese have a higher rate of experiencing erectile dysfunction compared to those with a healthier weight. Excessive weight increases the chances of suffering ED by 30-90%. This is due to the existing connection between obesity and heart disease (issues to do with blood vessels) as well as erections and circulation. Obesity is also associated with metabolic syndrome and diabetes. Note that scientists and medical experts have since established verifiable links between diabetes and impotence.
- Relationship stress – young people, tend to have a lot of stress emanating from relationships with their partners. Unfortunately, they lack the knowledge and patience to deal with such issues, and this interferes with their sexual performance. Young couples ought to learn how to handle relationship problems as and when they arise to keep ED at bay. Attend relevant seminars and read widely on matters relationships. It makes you knowledgeable of effective strategies of enjoying fulfilling relationships.
- Anatomical factors – particular conditions such as Peyronie's disease, tight frenulum, and phimosis are at times culprits. Also known as penile curvature, Peyronie's disease occurs due to the formation of a scar tissue (plaque) on the penis – either on top or bottom of the male organ. The scar tissue causes the penis to bend especially during erection. Unfortunately, a bent penis can be painful at times and in turn interfering with your erections. Phimosis is a condition where the foreskin is extremely tight.
- Hormonal imbalance – just like in old men, hormonal imbalance is also a cause of ED in young men. This is particularly for young guys who are using steroids to build muscles. Steroids are known to throw sex hormones off balance and consequently increasing one’s risk of ED. Also, abnormal levels of thyroid hormone (too high or too low) may lead to erectile dysfunction.
- Heavy drinking – Young men think that heavy drinking is fun. As such, they do not mind indulging in this largely harmful behavior irrespective of the spelled consequences. Besides draining your pocket and robbing you of a possible financial freedom, alcohol steals the quality of your erections gradually. The very first thing heavy drinking does is to dampen your sexual moods. Over time, you begin to realize that you are having difficulties obtaining and retaining an erection. Before you know it, you are staring back at erectile dysfunction at a tender age. If you are a heavy drinker, think and stop! No one is telling you to give up your favorite bottle. Instead, you just need to moderate your alcohol consumption before things get out of hand.