How To Fight Erectile Problems In Men?
The last thing a man wants to happen is to experience difficulties rising to the occasion. Just one moment of this nature is enough to kill the mountainous self-esteem he has built over the years. Imagine if it happens repeatedly. One of the things that such a guy will do is avoid sexual intercourse and any discussions surrounding the same. He will exhibit signs of withdrawal and the other aspects of his life may suffer significantly.
However, things do not have to turn out that way. Men need to know that erectile problems are not only common but also treatable. As such, they need not suffer in silence. In any case, remaining silent may worsen the situation.
Before we get to different ways of fighting erectile problems, let us consider the signs and symptoms to watch out for. This way, you can capture the issue in good time and in turn, respond appropriately. Be on the lookout for the following;
- You are not having sex with your partner just because you cannot get it up – yet you do not have problems while masturbating alone. Most probably, the cause of your ED is psychological in nature.
- You are having sex, but it is no longer the same. You and your partner can tell that your sexual escapades are not satisfying as before because your erections are consistently soft or too brief to deliver quality sex.
- Your sex drive has taken a nosedive. It takes longer for you to get sexually aroused.
- Decreased sexual energy and intensity of the orgasms
- Reduced semen volume
- Repeated episodes of premature ejaculation
Fighting erectile problems
- If the cause of your erectile problem is psychological, you need to speak to a professional. A sex therapist or counselor will come in handy in such circumstances. Let him, or her know what you are going through. It could be a traumatic sexual incident that happened to you in the past, or just recently, or it could be relationship stress. Do not hold anything back.
- If you are suffering from premature ejaculation speak to your doctor to help chart the way forward as far as treatment is concerned. You may also want to try out Kegels. Exercising your pelvic floor muscles gives you back your ejaculatory control
- Your doctor may recommend prescription drugs if he deems it fit. Note that he cannot do so without assessing the overall status of your health. By all means, avoid using prescription ED drugs without the supervision of your doctor
- Get checked for possible illnesses that could be the cause of your erectile problems such as diabetes mellitus, cardiac disease, atherosclerosis or hypertension. Treatment or proper management of these conditions helps to alleviate symptoms of erectile dysfunction.
- Quit cigarette smoking as it only worsens your situation. Cigarettes contain chemicals that negatively influence the functionality of the blood vessels and in turn hindering the proper flow of blood to the penis.
- Stop drinking heavily and the use of illegal drugs.
- Watch out your diet. Besides making you fat, junk and processed fats hurt the quality of your erections.
- Use a natural supplement. The market for male enhancement accommodates a wide array of herbal supplements for treating erectile dysfunction. However, you must exercise utmost caution and due diligence to put your hand on the best of these products. Don’t be naivety. Know that not everyone in the market observes ethics and moral standards. Some will sell unsafe and ineffective supplements shamelessly.
- Lose weight. Misery loves company. Obesity attracts erectile dysfunction almost all the time. Besides being careful with your diet, you must exercise on a regular basis – at least 30 minutes five days a week.
- Check if the prescriptions drugs (especially some antidepressants) you are taking are the ones causing your ED. If yes, ask your doctor to recommend a replacement.