10 Things To Know About Erectile Dysfunction Treatment
The thought of having and struggling with erectile dysfunction is enough to send chills throughout the body of any man. How can I have a problem with one of the organs that makes me feel like a man? Unfortunately, this life is not always fair. Brace yourself because you may have to deal with this problem at some point in your life – if you are not staring at it at the moment.
Cases of erectile dysfunction vary in severity depending on the cause and time of diagnosis. Thankfully, ED is treatable and better still; it is not considered life-threatening. If you are already suffering from erectile dysfunction, all someone you know is, it is imperative to know what to expect from the various treatment approaches at your disposal.
Below are ten things that I believe you should know about ED management and treatment.
- Lifestyle adjustment may be needed for the problem to be addressed adequately. Some of these changes may include quitting cigarette smoking and moderating your alcohol intake
- Effective management of your blood pressure will go a long way in increasing the effectiveness of the ED treatment chosen
- High cholesterols will interfere with your treatment. As such, you need to check your cholesterol levels and then bring it down to healthy levels. Your doctor will come in handy in this instance
- Examine the contents of your medicine cabinet before pursuing ED treatment. Some of the prescription drugs you might be taking might be to blame. If you suspect they are the cause of your ED, ask your doctor for a replacement.
- Evaluate what goes into your plate on a daily basis. Getting rid of junk and processed foods help to minimise the effects of impotence. Include leafy vegetables in your diet and also eat lots of fruits especially watermelon and bananas
- Lose that excess weight. This is a particularly important resolution for individuals who spot the annoying belly fat. It gets in your way of obtaining firm erections and your overall sexual performance
- Erectile dysfunction can be caused by underlying health problems such as cardiac disease, diabetes or hypertension. It explains why men are advised to let their doctors know when they have erectile dysfunction. If these diseases are left untreated or unmanaged, it is impossible to treat ED no matter what approach is utilized. Besides, it is imperative that these illnesses be correctly diagnosed and managed to avoid severe consequences such as death.
- If the cause of your erectile dysfunction is psychological, your general practitioner may refer you to a good counselor.
- A supplement may go a long way in helping you get rid of your erectile dysfunction. Take advantage of the vast array of herbal supplements and other products available on the market. Of utmost importance is to indulge due diligence to avoid falling into the hands of scams. When choosing an herbal product, consider essential aspects such as safety and effectiveness. Simplify your search by sourcing from reputable sellers who have been in the industry for what you believe is a reasonable period. Do not buy a product from a vendor without conducting a thorough background check on him.
- Other ED treatment products/methods include penis enlargement devices such as pumps and extenders as well as natural penis exercises. Also, it should not come as a surprise if your doctor recommends hormone replacement therapy. Sometimes, ED could be as a result of a dip in libido arising from fluctuating sex hormones such as testosterone.