Erectile dysfunction is one of the most prevalent forms of male sexual dysfunction. A good number of men have had to deal with its consequences at some point in their lives. As such, it is imperative to have a good understanding of this sexual disorder so as not to panic if it ever happens to you. This article looks at various issues surrounding ED. We seek to help you know what it is, the signs and symptoms, individuals prone to suffering from ED, and the treatment and prevention options at your disposal.
You must have heard people talk about impotence. It is the same thing as erectile dysfunction. A man is said to suffer from ED when he has difficulties obtaining an erection that is sufficiently firm to last long enough during sexual activity – could be masturbation or actual sexual intercourse.
Erectile dysfunction may occur alongside other types of sexual disorders/dysfunction such as low sex drive, premature ejaculation, Peyronie’s disease or orgasmic dysfunction. However, it may also happen in isolation. The signs and symptoms associated with the occurrence of erectile dysfunction include the absence of a firm erection for purposes of penetration or if present, the erection does not last long enough to complete a sexual encounter adequately.
Causes of erectile dysfunction
By knowing the causes of ED, it will help you understand whether you are a high-risk individual or whether there are things you can do to minimise the associated effects. The most common causes of ED include;
- Aging – men aged above are more prone to experiencing erectile dysfunction compared to young people. However, young men may also have it.
- Medical conditions such as hypertension and diabetes mellitus
- Hardening of the arteries (a condition known as atherosclerosis)
- Anxiety and depression
- Spinal cord or nerve damage
- Side effects of some medications
- Excessive consumption of alcohol, cigarette smoking and other forms of substance abuse
- Penile or pelvic trauma
- Peyronie’s disease – it is a condition that causes the penis to bend. It is also known as penile curvature. In severe cases of Peyronie's disease, men complain of pain and discomfort especially when they have an erection
- Hormonal imbalance such as low testosterone
- Poor diet – comprised of mostly junk and processed foods
- Bad relationships
Management and treatment of erectile dysfunction
Thankfully, ED is easy to treat – especially if diagnosed at an early stage. That’s why men are usually advised to let their doctors know once they suspect that they have impotence. The treatment options available include;
- Prescription drugs that must never be used without the supervision of a health practitioner. Note that the doctor must ascertain that you are in perfect health before prescribing ED drugs
- Herbal supplements that come in the form of pills, patches or creams. They are available on the Internet and nowadays, even in your local pharmacies. Just make sure that you have sourced from a trusted vendor.
- Talk therapy – if the cause of your erectile dysfunction is psychological in nature, your doctor will refer you to a reputable counselor. Some people have impotence due to depression or a traumatic sexual experience. Counseling usually come in handy in instances of this nature
- Eating a balanced diet
- Quitting cigarette smoking and moderating alcohol intake
- Regular physical exercises which go a long way in helping you manage your weight and cholesterol levels that are also to blame for the occurrence of erectile dysfunction
- Treatment or efficient management of underlying health conditions such as high blood pressure and diabetes
Scientists are giving increased attention to male sexual disorders which means that more effective therapies are bound to be uncovered. In the meantime, the above seven should do.
An excuse is between you and your goal
Always remember that an excuse is what stands between your desire for a big penis and you. And that giving excuses will take you nowhere. Instead, appreciate how much you would lose as a result of quitting the penis extension exercises. Besides lame excuses turn into a habit, forcing you to look for someone or something to blame even before you make an attempt.
Condoning flimsy excuses will result in giving much attention and energy in crafting minor justifications for not honoring your responsibilities. This has an effect on your personal achievement. Penis exercise, being a personal desire to enhance your sex life, will as a result suffer.
Do appreciate that you have all the potential to make things happen. If you concentrate on the steps necessary to attaining your penis boost, sooner rather than later, you will gain it. But if you allow an excuse to foment in your mind, then there is nowhere you are going.